Delivery rider insurance

Drive carefree with any e-scooter, bicycle, or any other type of city rider. Whether you scratch a car or fall badly on a ride – We’ve got your back.


Insure yourself only during months you ride.

City rider insurance is special because...

Real-life examples of how City Rider Insurance can help:

Olev made a dangerous manoeuvre to avoid a collision and fell so severely from his bike, he broke his humerus. The insurance compensation for pain and suffering is €400. In addition, Olev can also buy an orthopaedic aid to assist his mobility and provide some comfort for the four weeks ahead. After such a long period of inactivity, physiotherapy will be needed. This is also covered by City Rider insurance.

Taavi caused an accident while riding a bicycle, crashing into a car and scratching its front wing and door. As the car owner did not have comprehensive insurance, Taavi will be charged €1,800 for repair costs. Luckily, Taavi has private liability insurance, so he only has to pay a deductible of €150.

Why is Cachet insurance a smart solution?

Services to match your lifestyle

We offer personalised and flexible insurance tailored to you

Everything in one place​

All your policies, documents and claims in one digital wallet. No more messing around with papers.

Cost effective

Choose the best insurance offer from our insurance partners and pay in monthly instalments

Accidents are unexpected and rarely come with a warning.

Frequently asked questions

City riders are bicycles and electric rideables (e-scooters, self-balancing scooters) as well as ordinary scooters and skateboards.

The insurance applies if you use roads meant for travelling and follow the traffic laws. The accident has to occur during the use of the city rider.


The insurance does not apply:

– if you take part in a sports competition or practice extreme sports;

if you were not the only person on the city rider at the time of the accident;

– if the user of the city rider was drunk while riding.·


The insurance does not cover recurrent injuries or injuries due to an illness, nor does it cover accidents that happened before the insurance period.

The insurance helps to cover the damage you have caused to third parties while riding a city rider. The maximum sum insured by liability insurance is 5,000 EUR.


Personal injury is damage caused by damage to health, bodily injury or death.


Property damage is damage caused by damage to or destruction of a thing. Damage caused to a rented city rider is also considered property damage.

Accident insurance applies if you injure yourself while riding a city rider.

If you suffer a temporary injury as a result of an accident and the treatment lasts for at least six consecutive calendar days, the insurance will pay an indemnity for pain and suffering. The duration of the treatment has to be confirmed by the treating physician. An indemnity payment is a one-time compensation payment, calculated as a certain percentage of the sum insured. The amount of the indemnity is determined as per the ‘Indemnity chart’.


If you need health care services not covered by the Estonian Health Insurance Fund to recover from the injury, the insurance will compensate for your medical expenses.


If the insured person does not have the mandatory Estonian health insurance, the indemnity is calculated in a similar way as for a person covered by the mandatory health insurance. Costs covered include emergency examinations and treatment, treatment of dental injuries resulting from the accident, physiotherapy, massage and rehabilitation, purchase of aiding medical equipment.

– the insured person can only ride in places prescribed by law.


– the insured person must not exceed the maximum speed allowed by law.


– an insured person who is younger than 16 must wear a properly secured helmet.


– the insured person must not carry objects that impede riding or endanger other road users.


– the insured person must not carry a passenger if the passenger is not seated in the passenger seat or if the vehicle is not designed for carrying passengers (e.g. electric rideables are designed to carry one person).


– the insured person must obey traffic rules.

If you get into an accident and someone gets hurt, call 112 for help.


If the accident has damaged someone’s property (including a vehicle) and the involved parties disagree about liability or if it is not known who suffered the damage (e.g. the owner of the damaged property is not at the scene of the accident), the police must be informed of the accident and you have to follow the instructions given by the police.

If possible, take pictures of the scene, the damage and the documents of the involved persons. If other persons were involved in the accident, write down the circumstances of the event and the contact details of the persons at the scene. 


Remember to ask for a medical history when you go to the doctor and keep copies of bills and other receipts when you pay for treatment.


If you have caused damage to a third party, the person who has suffered the damage must submit a written claim for damages together with documents proving the amount of the damage.

File an insurance claim as soon as possible at and attach all relevant documents (photos, agreements drawn up at the scene, all expense receipts, a written claim for damages by the party suffering damages, a medical history/epicrisis in case of personal injury, etc.).

Did you know?

Our app makes your life easier.

Download the Cachet app to purchase, keep track and renew your policy. Even filing claims is made easier. Try it out for yourself.